2. Tradway is committed to complying with Australian privacy legislation and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Collection of information
3. Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to conduct our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for or activities. The type of personal information that Tradway collects includes:
• contact details
• payment details
• information about whether you have visited our showroom in past.
4. Personal information is collected from people in the following situations by Tradway:
• If you contact Tradway, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• When you apply for and/or establish and/or access an account or order products;
• When you conduct certain types of transactions such as refunds;
• When you submit your e-mail address to our web site mailing list or for a promotion/ competition;
• When you place an order to purchase goods we ask that you to provide us with contact information including your name, address, telephone number and/or an email address, as well as your credit card details.
5. Financial information that is collected via the web site is used by us to bill you for products and services. Any financial information that is collected is for the purpose of transaction approval and funds transfer. The financial information we collect from you is kept securely and held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
6. We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected, to carry on our business and provide services (including the delivery of products) to our customers.
7. In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
• Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
• Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
• Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
• Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
• Where you have requested a service (e.g. Installation, assembly of a product) and we are required to disclose the information to the service provider in order to facilitate the provision of that service.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
9. You have the option of dealing with Tradway anonymously. However, this only applies where it is practicable for Tradway to deal with you acting anonymously or under a pseudonym, such as a general enquiry.
10. As part of Tradway' functions and business activities and to inform you of new stock arrivals, Tradway may use personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of direct marketing. Generally, we will do so where you have expressed your interest to receive such information by subscribing to our newsletter. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications by using the Opt Out link provided in the direct marketing communication.
11. Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third-party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site.
Security and storage
12. Tradway places great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and suppliers. All personal information held is kept securely and that held electronically is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
13. Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
14. Tradway retains the information you provide to us (including your contact and credit card details) to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities and can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
15. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users' personal information, Tradway cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Tradway receives your transmission, it makes every reasonable effort to ensure its security.
16. You are responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Access to and correction of personal information
17. Tradway is committed to - and takes reasonable steps to - maintain accurate, timely, relevant, complete and appropriate information about our customers, suppliers and website users.
18. You may request access to personal information about you held by Tradway. Requests for access to your personal information should be made to us by mail or email. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity when requesting access to personal information. This is to ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you. If we refuse to provide you with access to or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
19. Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice from you.
20. Tradway will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time of receipt of the request, but by no later than 30 days of the request being received.
21. If you have a question or complaint about our Privacy Policies or Tradway's collection, use or safe disposal or destruction of your personal information, your feedback should be directed in the first instance to: Slon Trad, 6 Chritstensen Rd, Stapylton, Qld 4207.
22. We will promptly investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve the matter. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure or we have not responded to you with a determination within 30 days, then you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
23. Tradway collects information from the site using "IP files".
24. When you visit the Tradway site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed, and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our web site. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service online.